Find the Cheapest Champagne Offers in the UK
You don't need to overpay to enjoy the grandest fizz in the world! Wines Direct works with top wine merchants and supermarkets to find the best cheap Champagne currently on sale in the UK. Have a look at the most spectacular Champagne discounts available this week in the UK.
Best Champagne Offers under £20.00
- CHEAPEST CHAMPAGNE Nicolas Courtin Brut NV, Majestic Wine, £12.21 (with voucher).
- 63% OFF - MOST DISCOUNTED Abel Charlot Brut NV, Marks & Spencer, £12.75.
- GREAT VALUE Henri Cachet Brut NV, Asda Wine Shop, £15.00.
- CHEAPEST PINK Louis Delaunay Brut Rose NV, Tesco Wine by the Case, £15.00.
- 36% OFF DE BESSAC Bertrand de Bessac Brut NV , Waitrose Cellar, £14.39 (with voucher)
*This article is showing the prices and stock available on 17/11/2017.
How much is cheap champagne?
Cheap champagne is rarely that cheap: to have 'Champagne' printed on the bottle, the grapes need to come from the hugely expensive Champagne region and follow strict production rules, for example a secondary fermentation has to take place in the bottle.
Champagne is almost never cheaper than £10, although occasionally you will be able to combine wine vouchers with champagne offers to get you below this price.
How can I find the best quality Champagne?
Quality is important, and there are 43 premier Crus in Champagne (definition: cru means vineyard and premier cru means first growth) which are categorised as good quality. Grand Cru (Great Growth) is considered the best; although you are unlikely to find Premier or Grand in cheap Champagne (Tesco sometime has their Finest Premier Cru at under £15)
Other ways to tell if Champagne is good
There are two more ways:
- Check out our historical pricing on the Champagne to see if it is often or rarely on discount – the ones that are often on discount sometimes are not always such good deals. To check this, simply click on a product's title on Wines Direct to go to its page. Here you will find the historical price link on the right.
- Look at which cheap champagnes are award winners. Many champagne merchants and supermarkets enter their cheap champagnes into competitions and some of them win medals – the medal winners have been selected by the judges as good quality Champagnes.
Quick Links to other pages that may help you get the cheapest Champagne.