In general, Interweb do not collect, store, use or disclose personally identifying information except in very specific instances, such as, for example, when you enrol as an advertiser/merchant on The Site or Partner Services, as defined below. Whenever we collect such information, you will have a choice regarding whether to provide it, how it will be used, and to whom it will be disclosed.
What information will we collect and what will we do with it?
Interweb will not collect any personally identifiable information ('Personal Data') (eg your name, address, telephone number or email address) through our website unless it is provided to us voluntarily. If you do not want your personal data collected please do not submit it to us. Interweb offers users who have voluntarily provided Personal Data to us the opportunity to remove, review or update the information provided and correct any errors.
When you do provide us with Personal Data, we may use that information in the following ways unless stated otherwise:
- We may store and process that information to better understand the type of individuals that visit our website and their needs and how we can improve our products and services.
- We (or a fulfilment house, 3rd party or Partner Services on our behalf, in connection with a promotion or the placing of an order with one of the merchants featured as part of our site) may use that information to contact you.
- We may provide other 3rd parties with this information in aggregate form - but not individual Personal Data - information about visitors to, or users of, our site.
We do not now nor do we presently intend to sell, rent, market Personal Data to 3rd parties.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Different technologies are used to collect aggregate statistics about our customer and visitor base, including cookies and web server logs. Web server logs tell which pages are more and less popular on The Site and where people were before they came to The Site. Cookies, as explained in detail below, tell us how many people visit The Site, how many people return to The Site, and often those people return to The Site.
We use these statistics to monitor traffic so we can effectively handle site capacity. The statistics also help us determine which parts of the site are most popular. With this information, we can continually improve The Site to better meet the needs of our clients and prospective clients.
To better target our advertising, we may use an outside vendor to gather the following types of non-personally identifiable information about users who come to our sites via our ad banners:
- Your IP address (a unique number assigned to every computer on the Internet). Information that can be inferred from the IP address includes the user's geographic location, company, type, and size of organization.
- Your domain type (i.e. .com, .net, or .edu.).
- Standard information included with every communication sent on the Internet. For example, information which we can infer from this standard information might include your browser version and type (e. g. Netscape or Internet Explorer), operating system (i.e., Windows or Macintosh), browser language (e. g. Java or Unix), service provider (e. g. MindSpring or AOL), your local time, etc.
- How you utilize the pages you visit within our site (e.g. which pages you view).
We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no Personal Data or personally identifying information. We may release account information when we believe, in good faith, that such release is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Interweb are committed to the security of all data we collect. It should be noted that although we have good security measures in place, the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Data cannot be guaranteed.
The Site contains links to many other Websites and content supplied by Partner Services. Interweb accepts no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of other linked Websites and Partner Services provided through or on The Site. The privacy policies and content of any 3rd party materials should be determined individually.
Changes to the Policy