Discover The Quality Drink Awards Finalists For 2015
After three intense weeks of judging over 1,400 entries, The Quality Food & Drink Awards just announced their shortlist of products for the 36th judging.
The QDA/QFA is all about celebrating UK producers - whether they are huge multi-nationals or small artisans - and showcase the best products sold on our grocery shelves.
All products undergo a rigorous judging by a panel of 150 food and drink experts. Among them, Richard Siddle, former editor of Harpers Wine & Spirit, chosen as head judge of wine.
Helen Lyons is the group publisher of Metropolis Business Media, which organises the competition. She says: “It has been an incredible year for us with the standard of entries higher than ever. What sets us apart from other awards is our rigorous judging process which really puts every product through its paces. People buying our award winners know they are choosing the best.”
The Quality Food Awards products have been classified in 80 categories ranging from ambient, through chilled and frozen products; seasonal goods; hot and cold beverages; meals, snacks and confectionary; sweet and savoury items.
The Quality Drink Awards feature 14 categories ranging from ales and beers to spirits, wines and ready-to-drink cocktails.
For the second year, we are delighted to partner with the QDA to showcase the award winners on Wines Direct. The 2015 winners will be announced at a glittering ceremony at London’s Grosvenor House on 5 November 2015. They will then be added to the website so you can check if your favourite wine was selected!
2015 Quality Drink Shortlist
- Aldi Philippe Michel Cremant du Jura
- Booker Prosecco Spumante Extra Dry
Red Wine- up to £7
- Aldi Exquisite Collection Argentinian Malbec 2014
- Aldi Exquisite Collection New Zealand Pinot Noir 2014
- Aldi Exqusite Collection South Eastern Australia Shiraz 2014
- Lidl Cotes du Rhone Villages
- Lidl Rioja Reserve Premium
Red Wine- over £7
White Wine- up to £7
White Wine- over £7
Beers, Ales and Lagers
- Beavertown Brewery Gamma Ray
- Marks and Spencer Double Hopped Citra IPA
- Marks and Spencer Scottish Lager
- Savour Beer Savour Saison
- Savour Beer Savour Sparkling Beer Brut
- Tesco Revisionist Rye Pale Ale
- Charrington's Kent Craft Cider - Cryals Private Bin
- Henry Westons Mulled Cider
- Westons Cider Old Rosie with Rhubarb
- Aldi Napoleon Brandy
- Booker Christian Dupre Napoleon Fine Brandy VSOP
- Adsa London Dry Gin
- Aldi Oliver Cromwell London Dry Gin
- Lidl Castelgy London Dry Gin
Spirits- Liqueurs and Speciality Spirits
- Aldi Goccia D'oro Limoncello
- Aldi Specially Selected Crème de Cassis
- Aldi Specially Selected Irish Cream Liqueur
- Aldi Tamova Vodka
- Lidl Putinoff Premium Vodka
- The Co-operative Imperial Vodka
- Aldi Highland Black 8 Year Old Scotch Whisky
- Lidl Western Gold Bourbon Whiskey
- Lidl Abrachan Triple Wood Blended Malt Whisky